Release 3.1 of Norconex Search Analytics brings a few new features and small changes. Below I’ve highlighted the most significant adjustments.
“Lockable” Statistic Filters
Lock icons are now displayed next to most statistic filters. They allow you to lock or unlock a given statistic filter. Locked filters see their values carried over from one statistic screen to another. This is a good way to prevent having to re-enter the same filtering criteria over an over again when navigating through several statistics.
A new Preferences screen can be found under the My Account tab. It provides two options: have long text wrapping in statistic table cells and have the statistic filters panel always open. The preferences will grow to include several tuning options in future releases.
Norconex Search Analytics now comes with a .Net DLL. .Net applications can now easily interact with the Analytics Server. This new API is very similar to the Java API. While it’s usage is not required, we hope it will make .Net developers jobs easier.
Search User Terms
The “Search User Terms” option has been removed from the “Tools” tab. It has been merged with the “Top Query Terms” statistic, to provide more related options such as exporting and graph view. Wildcard operators (*) are still supported.
Administrative Actions Progress
Delete, export, and import actions now execute in the background. A progress bar is displayed instead of the action button, when a job is processing. You can now navigate away at anytime. Coming back to the same delete/export/import screen will either show you the current progress, or bring back the action button if background processing has completed.
Choice of Database
Starting with this release, you can now choose your own database during the initial application setup (requires our enterprise license). Using your own database can give you more fine grained control and tuning options for optimal performance. This is now the recommended approach for high-volume search applications. Currently only MySQL and Oracle are supported, but more can easily be added on demand.
We’ve included varioud other changes in Norconex Analytics 3.1. Some examples:
- Error messages are now red
- Now offer SMTP settings validation in initial application setup
- Friendlier session expiration page
- Friendlier/transparent redirect/browser check page when first accessing the application
- Application minimum width is now 980px, preventing problematic rendering
- Provided a few missing translations
- Added Preferences panel to “My Account”:
- Can now have exceeding test wrap in stats table (new preference)
- Can now force filters panel to always remain open (new preference)
- “Search User Terms” merged with “Top Query Terms” to provide exporting and chart
- Fixed license exceptions not being displayed to the user properly
- Search Effectiveness default date period changed to “This Month”
- Made a few corrections to API javadocs
- Install as a service on windows works out-of-the-box for Windows 64-bit
- IPV6 localhost (0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1) added as part of authorized IPs
- Admin exporting of stats now runs in the background
- Admin deleting of stats now runs in the background
- Admin importing of stats now runs in the background
- A progress bar is shown instead of modal dialog for export/delete/import,
allowing users to navigate away while these actions are executing
- Import performance has been improved.
- Improved Windows service name and description